North Eastern Regional Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (NERDDL) was established with 100% assistance from Govt. of India as the referral laboratory for the whole of NE States.
It is equipped with
- Modern animal disease diagnostic equipments
- 2 BSL-II level labs
- 1 Mobile BSL-III lab
- Processing of samples for diagnosis and surveillance of various diseases of the livestock population
- Imparts training to scientists/veterinarians of the whole NE region on regular basis
- Interacts with whole of NE states and Govt. of India regarding diagnosis and control of animal diseases.
Eradication of Disease
- The Rinderpest (RP), historically known as the cause of several global famines, was eradicated from Assam in 2005.
- Another dreaded disease, the CBPP, which caused death of thousands of cattle in Assam was also eradicated from the state in 2005 (Certification for the same was obtained from the OIE in 2005).
North Eastern Regional Disease Diagnostic Laboratory
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Department
Phone No.: 0361-2334177