- You must have completed the minimum age of 17 years and the maximum age of 25 years
- Admission to Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry Degree Course in Government or Private Colleges shall only be on the basis of merit through a competitive entrance examination conducted by University or State Government or Veterinary Council of India
- Only online application will be accepted.
Veterinary doctors can practise privately or under the government after qualification. To become a veterinary doctor, an individual has to enrol in the Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Aimal Husbandry Degree Course after 10+2.
Application form is submitted online.
The candidate shall have to appear in Veterinary Entrance Test (VET) on the date & time notified.
- 10 +2 Examination passed or appeared candidates having the Certificates of Permanent Residence of Assam and wards of defense/para-military personnel posted in the State of Assam for at least one year
- A candidate under General category shall have to qualify in each of the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and obtained 50% marks in aggregate of these subjects at 10+2. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe or other special category of students as specified by the Government from time to time must secure 47.5%.
- A candidate shall not be allowed admission if he or she suffers the following disabilities:
(a) disability of total body including disability of chestorspine more than 50 %
(b) disability of lower limb of more than 50 %
(c) disability of upper limb
(d) visually handicapped candidates and those with hearing disability
(e) candidates with progressive diseases like myopathies etc.
(f) Disabilities which otherwise would interfere in the performance of the duties of a veterinarian.
- Sponsored candidates from foreign country under Bilateral/Multilateral Agreement and NRI/NRI Sponsored candidates shall be exempted from appearing in the VET provided that they meet the minimum Eligibility requirement in force.
Approximately Rs 1100 along with Application form
- A scanned passport size photograph (3 cm X 4 cm) in jpg format
- A scanned size signature (3 cm X 1cm) of the candidate injpg format
- Marksheets of 10+2 (to be kept)
Pattern of Entrance Test
- The entrance test shall have 150 questions in total.
- Every question will carry one mark and thus make a total of 150 marks.
- The time duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- The questions in the entrance test will be from Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, and Botany.
How to apply
- Applicants need to open the official website of the university
- Applicants will find a link reading ‘apply online for AAUVET’ during the period of admission.
- Essential details have to be filled in the application form
- After uploading the scanned photo and signature and paying the application fee, candidates will submit the application form online.
- They will get a registration number and a password which they have to save for later.
- The applicant must take utmost care in filling up the form, ESPECIALLY THE MARKS OF 10+2, for avoiding rejection. No alteration of Information will be entertained by the officials.
- All Applicants must produce the CONFIRMATION SHEET at the time of counselling. This document can be obtained only upon finalization of the Application Form
Forms once finalized can not be edited.
Type of Service
Assam Agriculural University
Jorhat, PIN - 785013